Thanks to your and our advocates’ generosity, this year we are running four projects:
In Côte d’Ivoire.
• Project « Alpha plus », a Training Centre for women and young professionals from the region of the north of Kounahiri.
• Project « Water Pump for Kounahiri», thanks to our travellers in 2014, the current training structure will count with water facilities.
• Project « CFJP » Training Center for youth of the Pacific in Cali, stage II.
• Project « Integration in the workforce of battered women » in Cochabamba.
• Project « Training Centre Leaders of Community Groups» of TUUM, north of the country.
Training Center for leaders of village groupings
We consider it extremely important to train village leaders responsible for training their communities with the firm conviction that the local development must involve everyone and come from trhe communities themselves.
1. To have a suitable place for lodging traineers and trainees.
2. Having a venue to welcome the representatives of organizations that support development activities in the community.
3. Having adequate infrastructure to train potential leaders from the region (men and women) and to house the activities to be developed by the "TUUM Training Center".
This project was inspired by the success of a previous project implemented by GAM in 2011 in Barsaloi, Kenya. GAM’s friends visited the project and tell us their experiences. See here.
Training center for youth of the Pacific
Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.
Organize a support program for youth, teenagers and young couples, to prevent all social problems related to gangs and drugs use.
In this region, the socio economic conditions are very challenging and integration into the formal economy is very difficult even after finishing school.
A local grouping has taken the responsibility of creating a meeting center (premises and meeting room) with the participation of young people and adults from "El Rodeo" neighborhood.
This center will offer the services of psychologists, health professionals and specialists in family support. Together with representatives of all sectors of the population, they will develop programs that meet the needs of the community.
Provision for three multipurpose training centers built by the local people of Pácora in different places
Panama has some economic development through the expansion and improvement of the Canal (installation of large international companies). However, not all social classes are affected and some do not benefit at all. The cost of living is still high for a large part of the population, especially for the one with less benefit from the economic progress.
Diverse communities in Pácora have organized to construct buildings for their meetings and courses. This first stage is within reach, however, the community asks for support in the provision of furniture and modern communication equipment.
Counting with updated and modern equipment is a necessity in their environment that day by day, maintains contact with technical development. Old machines have no future in their society, the weight of progress is too strong and is required to be at the vanguard to reach young generations.
2013: "Back from Panama. Difficult to land, the heart and thoughts stayed in Panama! " .-Testimony. See here.
Provision for the training center built in the district of Abobo Avocatier (Abidjan) by GAM during 2011-2012
This project aims to equip six classrooms built on a land belonging to the parish of Our Lady of Cana. Thanks to your help and the help of a spanish benefactor, the project was satisfactorily concluded. Project: "Construction of training centers, Ivory Coast (2010)"
"Abobo, Avocatier" is a neighborhood where French is generally spoken and where poverty is properly installed. People living in this neighborhood consist mostly of women engaged in commercial activities, who can not read or write.
Due to this problem, literacy courses are increasing day by day, but unfortunately they don’t have the necessary infrastructures to meet such demand.
2103: Pictures of finished furniture and fence behind the building.